IN RECENT YEARS AN ESCALATION HAS BEEN OBSERVED BOTH IN THE TYPES OF RISKS AND ALSO IN THE FREQUENCY IN WHICH THEY OCCUR, WHICH IS A THREAT TO THE LIFE AND HEALTH OF THE POPULATION, ENVIRONMENT AND THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE GOODS.
THE NORMATIVE ACTS THAT ENFORCE THE ACTIVITY OF PREVENTING EMERGENCY SITUATIONS HAS CHANGED AND THEY WERE CORRELATED WITH THE EXISTING LEGISLATION FROM THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY.
MANY OF THE OUTCOMES OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION CAN BE LIMITED OR EVEN ELIMINATED IF YOU TAKE ACTION IN DUE TIME AND KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY INTERVENE.
THEREFORE, IT IS BEST YOU INFORM YOURSELF BEFOREHAND OF THE DANGERS YOU COULD CONFRONT YOURSELVES WITH, TO ASSIMILATE THE ACTIONS AND RULES OF PREVENTING THE POSSIBLE EMERGENCY SITUATIONS AND PARTICIPATE IN THE DRILLS AND SIMULATIONS WHICH ARE ORGANIZED BY THE PUBLIC AUTHORITIES OR THE PROFESSIONAL INTERVENTION SPECIALISTS.
During a storm:
- Take shelter inside a building if, after seeing a thunderbolt you do not manage to count to 30 before hearing the thunder. Stay inside the building for another 30 minutes after you have heard the last thunder.
- Try to curl up and reduce your contact area with the ground.
- Do not lie on the ground.
- Avoid: tall objects, such as an isolated tree in an open area, fields, beaches, or any boat on water, any metal objects such as agricultural implements, farm equipment, motorcycles, bicycles, etc.
- If you are located in the forest, try and find shelter in an area with less tall trees.
- If you are located in an open area head towards a callow area like a valley.
- If you are on a lake, immediately try and reach the bank and take shelter at once.
During an earthquake.
IF YOU ARE INSIDE A BUILDING:
- Remain where you are, do not try and go outside and do not go out on the balcony.
- Take cover under a table, a desk or a sturdy piece of furniture and tightly hold on to it.
- If you are in the hallway, curl up next to an interior wall.
- Protect your head and face.
- Stay clear of windows , window panes, mirrors, bookshelves, tall furniture and light fixtures.
- If you are in a wheelchair, lock up the wheels and protect your head and back of the head.